Physical Education strives to teach the basic principles of health, physical fitness, nutrition, drug awareness, and safety within curricular and extra-curricular programs. We assist the children in developing an understanding, appreciation, and respect for their bodies, which will become necessary for leading more fulfilling lives.
We strive to achieve this by the following:
- Fostering positive attitudes among the students toward competition and sportsmanship.
- Encouraging students to participate in extra-curricular activities like the afterschool sports program.
- Stressing the importance of developing good eating habits through health and nutrition.
- Helping students to appreciate and maintain a safe, healthy, and clean environment.
- Providing physical education classes, which guide students to develop fitness, coordination and basic motor skills.
- Providing limited health screening and making referrals when physical problems are observed.
- Fostering school spirit.
- Maintaing awareness of the effects of substance abuse through drug awareness programs.