In January of each year, re-registration of all returning families takes place. This involves a
non-refundable commitment fee. If fees are not paid on a timely basis, families could lose their place in any given class. In the event re-registration is paid and a family chooses not to return to Saint Thomas More, written notification must be received in the office, or FACTS registration will proceed and the family is responsible for tuition and fees assessed. Applications for new students are available beginning in January. Once an application and required documents are received, an appointment will be set up for assessment.
Tuition Rates for 2017 - 2018
In Parish Tuition Rates: Grades K-8
1 Student Family = $4,629.00
2 Student Family = $8,421.00
3 Student Family = $11,980.00
Out of Parish Tuition Rates: Grades K-8
1 Student Family = $5,694.00
2 Student Family = $9,638.00
3 Student Family = $13,664.00
To qualify for In-Parish Tuition Rates, parents must be registered and active
members in Saint Thomas More Parish Life. An Identifiable regular offering at
Sunday Mass is made through used of the weekly envelope. Parents are to enroll
children in Sacramental Programs.
All families are responsible for 30 hours of service a year (or $300.00). This fee may be
paid the first day of school if service buyout is elected. All service hours are due by
May. The fee for incomplete service hours is $10 per hour payable after
Morning Care hours are from 6:30 am – 7:45 am – $3.00 for one child; $4.00 per
family. After School Care is from Dismissal until 6:00 pm.
Tuition assistance is available through the Catholic Education Foundation.
Applications for the Catholic Education Foundation Tuition Assistance are available
in the school office during January and February.
Missed Tuition Payments/Late Fees
The tuition management agency, FACTS, charges a fee for missed payments. If you
know a payment will not clear, notify the school office at least 7 working days in advance to
Monthly collection of tuition is a necessary component of budget management.
Missed tuition payments may result in one or more of the following:
- an accelerated payment of all tuition and fees
- additional assessment of a 20% late fee
- the student(s) to be excluded from school until payment is received
- collection activities and fees
- the withholding of examinations, report cards, or diplomas
A $20.00 NSF is charged for any returned checks made out to Saint Thomas More
school and must be paid in the school office in cash, money order, or cashier’s check
within 14 days of notification.
Any fee not received by a given deadline, may incur an additional late charge of
$20.00 or 20% of the balance, whichever is greater.
In and Out of Parish Status
In-Parish or Out of Parish tuition status is determined in the following manner:
In Parish Status Requirements:
- Weekly attendance at Mass, with an identifiable offering to Saint Thomas More Church (using envelope with Parish ID#)
- Completion of Service Hours
- Completion of required Fundraising Activities
- Enrollment of child in age appropriate Sacramental Programs
Out of Parish Status:
- Completion of Service Hours
- Participation in required Fund-raising activities or buyout option
Attendance at Sunday Mass is a serious parental obligation. Parents need to accompany their
children to Mass on Sundays and Holidays and assist them in the reception of the sacraments.
STM Parish provides a tuition discount for its members who meet the In-Parish criteria specified. To receive this discount, school families must attend Mass each Sunday at St. Thomas More Church.
The use of the assigned Parish envelope at least 3 times each month (thirty-six (36) Sundays)
throughout the year must be observed. Families are re-evaluated twice each year to ensure
compliance with the In-Parish criteria and Families not meeting these requirements will be billed at
the higher tuition rate. New families, who are not already active parishioners, will be considered Out
of Parish until they have registered and have met In Parish criteria for at least three months, including summer.
Testing Fee Per Child
- Due at the time of Application. Non-Refundable
Registration Fee per Family
- Due when child is accepted. Non-Refundable excludes. Earthquake Supplies, Insurance, etc...
Book & Supply Fee Per Child
- Pays for book rental, consumable books, student Per Child activities, equipment, computer supplies correspondence materials, paper and art supplies. Non-Refundable. This amount may also be included in the monthly F.A.C.T.S payment.